Tue 14 Dec
8:30pm | St. Stephen's Cathedral
Get in the mood for Christmas with festive music from Johann Sebastian Bach to Engelbert Humperdinck, performed by the Wiener Symphoniker and the Vienna Boys Choir!
Vienna Boys Choir
Christiane Karg, Soprano
Catriona Morison, Mezzo-soprano
Mauro Peter, Tenor
Tareq Nazmi, Bass
David Afkham, Conductor
1. Category - € 150,-
2. Category - € 120,-
3. Category - € 85,-
4. Category - € 50,-
5. Category - € 35,-
Programme and Duration
J. S. Bach, Christmas Oratorio (Weihnachtsoratorium), BWV 248, 1. Teil "Jauchzet, frohlocket"
C. Saint-Saëns, Prélude from Oratorio de Noël (Weihnachtsoratorium)
G. Fauré, Pie Jesu from Requiem
C. Gounod, Sanctus from Cäcilien Messe
C. Franck, Panis Angelicus
G. Fauré, Cantique de Jean Racine, op. 11
E. Humperdinck, Ouvertüre to the opera "Hänsel und Gretel"
M. Reger, Mariä Wiegenlied, op. 76/52
F. Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Herr Gott Abrahms
R. Strauss, "Die heiligen drei Könige" after a text by Heinrich Heine, op. 56 Nr. 6
E. Humperdinck, Abendsegen from the opera "Hänsel und Gretel"
90 Minutes, no intermission
Information Concerning COVID-19
The ground area of St. Stephen's Cathedral is about 3,000 m² and the enormous room height promotes good air circulation. This guarantees that you can enjoy the concerts carefree and in compliance with all COVID-19 protective measures.
A COVID-19 prevention concept has been created for the concerts, which describes measures to minimize the risk of infection, and we have appointed a COVID-19 officer who is responsible for the implementation of the COVID-19 prevention concept.
Our trained stewards will ensure that appropriate distances are maintained in the audience. In addition, we will distribute masks on request, disinfectants will be available for you at the entrances and care will be taken to ensure that the official guidelines regarding the maximum permissible number of visitors are not exceeded. We ask for your cooperation in ensuring that the protective measures are observed.
What are your prevention measures?
Below are our most important prevention measures:
- Entrance: To be allowed to attend our concerts you need one of the following COVID-certificates
- vaccination, validity:
- vaccines with two vaccinations: from second vaccination
- vaccines with one vaccination: from day 22 after vaccination
- vaccination + proof of recovery / proof of antibodies
- Proof of recovery: Up to 6 months after the date of recovery
- Important: Due to the legal Corona measures of the city of Vienna we cannot accept COVID test, both antigen tests and PCR test, as valid COVID-certificates.
- Proof of antibodies: Not older than 3 months
- vaccination, validity:
- Masks: We recommend that you ware a face mask for your own and the other concert visitors' safety, even though it is not compulsory at this concert.
- Minimum distance: According to the current legislation, there is no obligation to keep a minimum distance. For your own saftey, we kindly ask you to keep anadequate distance to other concert visitors.
Where can I get tested for free?
An overview of all free testing offers in Vienna can be found on the official City Vienna Website. We recommend the test offers of the Viennese pharmacies.
I am not insured in Austria. Where can I get tested for free?
Less than 5 minutes from St. Stephen's Cathedral, there is a free testing street for people without Austrian social insurance in the Assembly Hall of Sciences, Wollzeile 27A, 1010 Vienna - Google Maps. Pre-registration is required. You will receive the result immediately on site.
What happens in the event of cancellations, travel restrictions or lockdowns?